The daily inclusive services offered by the home are as follows:
• 24-hour care – There is a call bell system enabling the residents to call for assistance at any time.
• All meals - We have a monthly menu, with a daily choice of meals. Mealtimes are flexible and can be eaten in the main dining room or in resident’s rooms if preferred. Additional drinks and snacks can be requested or made throughout the day.
• Laundry - All clothes are laundered at Hunters Lodge. Dry cleaning is not included in the fees and will be charged for on an individual basis.
• Personal newspapers and magazines can be ordered on behalf of the resident. The charge for these will be added to the monthly invoice.
Additional chargeable services offered by the home are as follows:
• Hairdressing / Barber– A hairdresser & barber can come into the home if necessary to provide hairdressing services for the residents. There is a charge for this, which is to be paid directly to the hairdresser / barber. The minimum price is £8 for barber upwards for hairdresser, depending on what is requested. Residents are encouraged & enabled to use external hairdressing/barbers.
• Chiropody – A qualified chiropodist comes to the home every eight weeks to offer chiropody services. The average price is £12.00
• A wide range of entertainment available - Bingo, exercise & movement, sewing, sing-a-long, cookery, outings including visits to shops, garden centres, shows, tearooms, cinemas, Mencap Gateway Social Club, trips to community parks, in-house entertainers and parties at the home.
• Appointments at the hospital, doctors, dentist and opticians etc. will be organised when necessary by the home. If the home provides an escort, a charge may be made for this service to cover additional staff and transport costs.
• Holidays can be arranged for individuals or small group.